Sunday, May 3, 2009

Step 5: Remove the main board



You may decide to go a different direction here.  despite having taken several pictures, I was concerned if I removed all the wires going into the main board I might have difficulty remembering where they all go.


So I decided to attempt the repair without actually removing the main board.


My board had 2 screws at the bottom that needed to be removed and then several plastic tabs that were easily popped out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

5 comments:

  1. This was the only hitch for me. The plastic tabs on mine were brittle, and just broke off. They're the things that hold the display in place, so that's a bit loose now. No big deal, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had good luck leaving the control panel attached to the PCB. I loosened the two bottom screws and slid the PCB up about 3/4". The plastic tabs released from their slots and the whole PCB, control panel and all, will tip towards you 90 degrees and hang from the wires. I just did the work while it was hanging there. To replace, I just lined up the tabs w/their slots and slid the PCB back into place, tightened the bottom screws and was done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pool repair question, vinyl liner leaking, temporary fix?\service

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you just melt/solder the burnt part and put a fresh solder on it or did you change the K1 circuit?

    ReplyDelete